As a member of the Event Team, this position contributes to the execution of a wide range of events such as weddings, nonprofit fundraisers, corporate dinners and educational programs and conferences. Most of the events are in the evening and/or on the weekends. This is a full time seasonal position from late-April to mid-November with some flexibility for the right candidate. Required to live on-site with housing provided.
- Hands-on food and beverage service for events
- Set-up and break down of tables and function related equipment
- Maintain and keep organized all event related equipment
- Work with Coach Barn bar staff to provide bar services for events
- Greet guests and act as site host at various Farm locations
- Be an ambassador for Shelburne Farms
- Support a continuous effort to foster a culturally aware learning community, open to multiple perspectives
- An upbeat, high energy individual with a positive attitude
- Willingness to be flexible in type of tasks and work schedule
- Previous restaurant and/or hospitality experience preferred, but not required
- A valid driver’s license
- Commit to entire season
- Live on-site
- Ability to lift 20-30 lbs.
- Able to work on feet for long hours
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Event Support Staff and your name in the subject line. Please note in your cover letter your ideal start and end dates.