Farmyard Educators will connect visitors to agriculture by providing them with a positive farm experience, a connection to the food they eat and fiber they need, and an understanding of the importance of farms in their daily lives. Ideal candidates come with experience as an educator and excitement and interest in farming!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leading activities for public and school groups including formal interactive presentations to groups ranging from a few people to as many as 150 or more. Also engaging public in less formal ‘meet and greet a farm animal’ type of activities.
- Being open and available to engage with public about many topics ranging from basic animal information (“what animal is this?”) to in-depth discussions (i.e. dairy industry or farming practices etc).
- Assisting with farm and garden chores and general farmyard maintenance (get to know and love a pitchfork!).
- Providing information about Shelburne Farms’ campus, history, products, and services.
- Upholding good guest services at all times
- Acting as mentor for CFY Work and Learn volunteers (ages 9-17).
- Tractor shuttle driving (two hours daily).
- Special event support.
Part time positions may be available.
Please email resume, cover letter, and list of three references to Rachel Cadwallader-Staub,
or mail to Shelburne Farms, attn: Rachel Cadwallader-Staub, 1611 Harbor Road, Shelburne, VT 05482.