Seeking a part-time educator who will interact with the public visiting a small sheep flock which will be housed in the Farmyard in March. The educator will be available to answer questions and converse with visitors, ensure safe interactions between visitors and animals, and provide a stress-free environment for the animals during our busy spring weekends. This educator will also be involved in Farmyard projects and programs.
- Friendly, energetic person who is excited to engage with the public about farms and animals!
- Experience engaging public of all ages, children and families specifically.
- Experience and comfort working with animals.
- Saturday and/or Sunday required through May 5th.
- Comfortable working in all weather.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Independent worker.
- Eagerness to learn new skills and knowledge.
Please see complete job description.
Please send resume, cover letter, and list of three references to Rachel Cadwallader-Staub
or mail to Shelburne Farms, attn: Rachel Cadwallader-Staub, 1611 Harbor Road, Shelburne, VT 05482.