Join the team that welcomes and takes care of our guests at the beautiful historic Inn at Shelburne Farms. If you consider yourself friendly, positive and personable, all while maintaining a high level of organization and an eye for detail, please apply. This is a full- or part-time seasonal position running through October.
- Greeting guests upon arrival and assisting with check-in and check-out
- Fulfilling specific guest needs and requests pleasantly and efficiently
- Being conversant about Shelburne Farms and the local area, answering related questions and providing general information in a knowledgeable manner
- Preparing guest rooms for arrival of new guests (i.e. cheese plates, flowers, guest cards, etc.)
- Checking public rooms for tidiness and general appearance
- Monitoring tea service in the afternoon, assisting when necessary
- Monitoring the temperature of the house, carrying out all “hot” & “cold” weather duties.
- Keep host area clean and orderly
- Maintain weekly inventory for room/cottage host supplies
- Friendly and professional demeanor, positive outlook, enthusiastic, hospitable
- Comfortable working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays for duration of the season
- Dedication to providing the highest quality of guest service
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational skills
- Desire to learn the goals and mission of Shelburne Farms
- A valid driver’s license
- Seasonally demanding work schedule
- Ability to lift 30-40 lbs. up flights of stairs
- Ability to be physically active for extended periods of time
Send cover letter and resume to Julia Swee, firstname.lastname@example.org with Host Staff and your name in the subject line of email. Please provide your availability in detail in your cover letter.