Shelburne Farms is a working farm, including a dairy, Market Garden, and woodlands. The food that we grow honors and preserves the land it comes from. That's what building a sustainable food system is all about. What make us unique is that we also use our food and farming practices to educate others about sustainable agriculture and our shared connections to the soil. We produce:
- Farmstead cheddar cheese from our herd of purebred Brown Swiss cows.
- Organic fruits and vegetables in our Market Garden
- Pasture-raised lamb
- Pasture-raised beef and veal
- Pasture-raised, whey-fed pork
- Pastured eggs
- Maple syrup
Where are these products available?
- Our Welcome Center and Farm Store (cheese, beef, lamb, year-round)
- The Inn at Shelburne Farms farm-to-table restaurant, where 75% of the food served is either grown or produced locally. (seasonally)
- Online Store. (cheese and other Vermont-made products) (Browse our print catalog.)
- The Farm Cart (seasonally)
As a proud member of the Vermont Fresh Network, we are part of a tremendous community of Vermont farmers and food producers.
Recipe for potato gratin.
Recipe for assorted cheddar crisps.
Recipe for lacy cheddar crisps.
Recipe for beef chili